Tuesday, October 21, 2014

note to self

It's a personal new year... I'm officially into my 30s and I feel if not great then at least good about it. You can't run away from time, can you ? That's my main concern ... time... I have come to a point when 24 hours a day is just not enough for me, with so much to do, so much to achieve, so much of the world to see, so much new to learn, so many people to connect with. so many good books to read when will be able to do all that, my time definitely is limited, as if everyone's else ! Media is full of articles related to getting into 30s or turning 30... I don't understand the fuss about it, but I do agree that by this age one should at least contemplate what one has achieved and where does one want to go.... personally I am a late bloomer, I haven't achieved anything significant other than an eviable degree and a decent job and I definitely can't come up with 'been there done that' sentence, as there are hundreds of things I haven't done and thousands of places I haven't been to...literally ! So, getting in thirties did ring a bell giving a brief attack thinking the time was so limited and so much was left to so but I soon realized the time is never going to be enough and you can't do it all ... nevertheless there are things you should know by now and reminders you should keep in mind so that the days ahead will inculcate the wisdom you gathered from all those years behind ....So, this is a note to self....


it's your life... and it's your only life... get some control !!

you have a long way to go and lots to do

you are never too old to try

your happiness is your choice 

love your body as much as you love your soul 

read voraciously

sleep happily

never loose the curious child in you

learn how to say 'no' by this age people should know how to treat you well

there is more to your life than what you put on the social media 

travel as much as you can

don't let your fear hold you back from speaking your mind or doing the right thing

respect time

laugh and take it all lightly 

you can't have it all and you can't do it all and it's okay !

try touching other lives in your own possible ways

make the man upstairs proud for blessing you with this wonderful thing called 'life'



No comments:

Post a Comment

vox populi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails