Sunday, April 17, 2011

InViCtUs

This is no news that my creativity has taken a dip....
and I no longer feel capable of writing any beautiful nonsense or any sensible crap
 for now when life seems a complete mess and 
 I'm the Master of Mess-Making
 I'm busy in getting myself neck-deep into it, not trying to come out of it
 and the best part, not even crying over it openly :)
(that's how I'm, a coward with a mask of brevity)

But, yes I'm full of human follies and I don't feel any shame accepting it
and hence I do agree that going trough tough times isn't the best possible thing happening and
what so ever people suggest or say, how so ever the self-help books and gurus claim
 it ain't that easy !
But,(yes yet again another 'but')... but, trust me when I say that all of us are blessed with some self-help mechanisms, we actually never are so very helpless as we imagine ourselves to be.
Even when the condition is completely out of our hand, we have a choice....
we have a choice as to how will we react to the entire thing....
The Right to React (when, where and HOW) is entirely Mine .

I too have my own mechanism,
 I pray,
 and how so stupid they might sound but I do go through self-help books with those so true/untrue miracle and courageous stories and pieces of writings
After all every human being on the earth is either in love or hatered relationship with life
and trust me these two are such strong emotions that when felt strongly, 
they can make you do anything endure anything and win anything !

For me one such thing self-help thing is this poem which is cliched,yet a very strong inspiration

INVICTUS
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

 ( W E Henley)

ps: don't know if i am making any sense but if this poem inspires you even a bit, the purpose will be served :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

vox populi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails