Friday, January 17, 2014

if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches

Mood of the day is : HAPPY. CONTENT . EXCITED
These are the things a good book does to me .... and what a joy in reading such pieces of literature
" if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches"
"The Princess Bride" by Wiliam Goldman

When the year started one of my resolutions was to read and read whenever I can... so here I'm done with the first book I started this year which was just yesterday evening and I'm today. Couldn't help it if the book was so captivating that I continued reading it way past midnight. 
I'm not writing any reviews here as my I never find myself apt enough to make comments on someone else's work, and occasionally when I do write it takes me a hell lot of time to do research before I write so, it's just my feelings about the book that am pouring down here.
According to the writer he was narrated S. Morgenstern classic, The Princess Bride, when he was 10 years old and suffering from pneumonia and it became his the most favourite book of all time. Years later writer decides to give the same book as gift for his son's 10th b'day only to find later on that his son could not read the book. So Mr. Goldman disappointed picks up the book for the first time to read by himself till then all he knew about the was only through his father and later realizes that his barely literate barbar father had all those years narrated only the interesting parts of the book very cleverly and thus the writer decides to abridge it by himself and you will feel like thanking him a ton for doing that if you don't realize that there was no Morgenstern classic, no father narrating, no son getting the book for b'day but it was Goldman alone all the way !
So what does the book have in it... ask me what it does not have....
all the above words were written by the writer himself the only addition of mine is 'hope' which too is a significant part of the book. So, if you into any of the above thing go for it. U'll get a feeling of a fairy tale sort of thing meant for all ages and as I believe everyone irrespective of the age deserves a slice of fairy tale !

No comments:

Post a Comment

vox populi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails